Celebrate National Fishing and Boating Week
Photos of kids having fun at the kids fishing event at the Leavenworth National Fish Hatchery.
Leavenworth National Fish Hatchery hosts a FREE annual Kids Fishing Event on the first Saturday in June.
All kids check in at the registration table, participate in three edu-tainment stations, then fish for two rainbow trout. Volunteers help guide kids through every step, including casting, catching a fish, and cleaning your fish. Cascade Discovery has concessions available for hungry families.
- You can pre-register through the Friends of Northwest Hatcheries website or walk in.
- Kids should be between the ages of 4 and 14. We have volunteers ready to help your child learn to fish. Kids learn best by doing the casting, catching, and reeling in themselves. Be prepared to help where needed but mostly just enjoy seeing your child enjoy their fishing experience.
- We have rods and reels available to borrow or you can bring your own.
- We provide bait. Please do not bring lures, spinners, treble hooks, or other special gear.
- If you need equipment, such as hooks, bobbers, weights, or other small gear, please visit the bait station where they will provide those items free of charge.
- A bag and ice will be provided for taking your fish home after it has been cleaned. You may want to bring a small cooler or container to get the fish home from the event. If you wish to donate your cleaned fish, you may do so by leaving it at the cleaning station. There will be no catch and release at this event.
You may become a sponsor by contacting Dave Graybill at email@example.com (509) 663-5186.You may become a volunteer by contacting at Leavenworth National Fish Hatchery (509) 548-2921.
Thank you to the following partners: Friends of Northwest Hatcheries, Icicle Chapter of Trout Unlimited, Wenatchee Sportsmen’s Association, Central Washington Bass Club, and Dave Graybill, the Fishin’ Magician, Wenatchee Valley Fly Fishers, and Intermountain AmeriCorps.