Instructions for Completing the Lake Ophelia Youth Deer Hunt Application for 2012-2013 Hunting Season
*** Youths previously selected are not eligible to apply ***
- #1. Lake Ophelia NWR should already be typed in the blank.
- #2. Enter the date of application (must be between August 1 through 31).
- #3. Enter the youth applicant’s full legal name, phone number with area code, current mailing address, city, state and zip code. An email address is not required.
- #4. The method should already show “Rifle” typed in the blank. If not, then you have the wrong application form.
- #5. Circle or highlight your hunt date preference in either the “1st , 2nd, or 3rd Choice” boxes. Though we will attempt to select applicants according to their preferred hunt date, this is not guaranteed, and youth applicants may be selected for a hunt date other than the one they prefer.
- #6. Disregard- does not apply to this hunt.
- #7. “Youth Hunt” should be typed in the Special Hunt box.
- #7a. Enter the youth applicant’s age at the time of the hunt they selected in #5.
- #8. The Youth applicant will sign on the Hunter signature line provided, and the guardian or adult supervisor who will accompany the youth hunter during the hunt must also sign on the Guardian signature space provided.
Once your application is complete, please submit it to the refuge office between August 1 and before the close of business on August 31, 2012, to be considered. Mail or hand-deliver applications to: Central Louisiana NWR Complex, 401 Island Road, Marksville, LA, 71351.
Applicants will be selected via random drawing at the refuge office on Wednesday, September 12, 2012, at 10:00 a.m. Successful applicants will be notified by mail.