Instructions for completing the Lake Ophelia Primitive Firearms Application for 2013/14 Hunting Season
- #1. Lake Ophelia NWR should already be typed in the blank.
- #2. Enter the date of application (must be between August 1 through 31).
- #3. Insert your full legal name, phone number with area code, current mailing address, city, state and zip code. An email address is not required.
- #4. The method should show “Primitive Weapons” typed in the blank. If not, then you have the wrong application form.
- #5. Insert ONE hunt date that you are applying for in the “1st Choice” box. Do not enter anything in the “2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th Choice" boxes.
Hunt date choices include:
December 7-8, 2013 January 4-5, 2014 January 18-19, 2014
- #6. Insert ONE hunt area (Area I or Area II) in the “1st Choice” box. Again, do not enter anything in the “2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th Choice” boxes.
- #7. Disregard- does not apply to this hunt.
- #7a. Disregard- does not apply to this hunt
- #8. Sign your name on the line provided. Guardians must also sign for hunters under 18 years of age.
Once your application is complete, please submit it along with a $5.00 money order, made payable to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, to the refuge office before August 31, 2013, to be considered. You may still apply in a group of up to five individuals. If you apply as a group, please staple all applications together and be sure everyone in the group has applied for the same hunt and area. Group applicants may include all application fees on one money order. Mail or hand- deliver applications to: Central Louisiana NWR Complex, 401 Island Road, Marksville, LA, 71351.
Applicants will be selected via random drawing at the refuge office on Wednesday, September 11, 2013, at 10:00 a.m. Successful applicants will be notified by mail.