MYSTERY PHOTO VIEW OUR LIBRARY OF MYSTERY PHOTOS
Reptile Leather Boots
Crocodilian; Tegu Lizard; Green Iguana (left to right)
Order Crocodylia; Tupinambis species; Iguana iguana (left to right)
Crocodylia (U.S. ESA - Some are Endangered or Threatened depending on species; CITES - App. I or II depending on species or population); Tupinambis (CITES - App. II); Iguana iguana (CITES - App. II)
What’s the Story?
Many species of reptiles are used to make leather. Examples here include crocodilians, tegu lizard, and green iguana.
- These photos change frequently. Check back for more mystery photos.
- These photos should not be used for identification purposes. Detailed information to assist with selected species identification problems can be found at Publications and Identifications Guides.
- For more information about Protected Status, view our U.S. Wildlife Laws page.
- You may download these photos for educational purposes with credit to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS), but cannot use them for commercial purposes or sell them.
- Copyright © US Fish & Wildlife Service Forensics Laboratory.