Opening Weekend Waterfowl Hunting Drawing for
Controlled Hunts on Tule
Lake & Lower Klamath Refuges, California
Thank you for your interest in the opening weekend waterfowl hunt drawing. In order to hunt Tule Lake and Lower
Klamath (CA side) Refuges during the first two days of the hunt season, you must
apply and be successfully drawn. Each year approximately 3000 hunters apply for the
limited number of openings. This Drawing takes place in August of each year, please read the following instructions for more information prior to submitting an application.
Applying for Opening Weekend:
- PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS
- Please use the attached application. Post cards or information written on other than this current application will not be accepted.
- A non-refundable application fee of $3.00 for each hunter application must be enclosed. Please submit a single check or money order for all members of your group. Make check or money order payable to U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service. Please DO NOT send cash.
- Parties may consist of up to four (4) adult hunters. Juniors are welcome and encouraged to participate, however, are not required to complete an application.
- All party member applications must be received together in one envelope or will be considered a separate party.
- Incomplete and illegible applications will not be accepted.
- Make sure all addresses and other information is correct.
- Hunters may be named on one application only.
- Hunters may NOT apply for the Klamath Basin Refuge Hunts if they have also applied for the first weekend hunt on the Modoc Refuge.
- Please indicate one applicant as the party leader. This person may include a hunting license number in order to obtain draw results online. This person will also be the point of contact for the draw result packet.
- Drawing results will be posted and mailed the second week of September. Please DO NOT call for results prior to this date.
- Opening weekend permits, Annual Recreation Passes and Golden Age/Access Passports must be carried in the field. Please check expiration dates on Recreation Passes and renew if necessary. Recreation Passes are sold at the Refuge Visitor’s Center and at several businesses in the local area. At this time passes are not available on-line. To qualify for Golden Age or Golden Access discounts, hunters must provide evidence that they possess these cards. No refunds will be given to hunters who fail to obtain these documents prior to purchasing their Annual Recreation Pass.
- Junior hunters (15 years of age and under) will not be charged a fee, but must be accompanied by a permit holder over 18 and must have a Junior Hunter License (license must be carried in the field).
- Hunters drawn for the first weekend hunt must hunt the areas for which they were drawn.
- Hunters who qualify and wish to hunt the disabled blinds on Lower Klamath must be drawn first. Once drawn, may then reserve one of these blinds. Blind availability is based on water conditions each season.
Please print out and read the application instructions carefully
Send applications to:
Klamath Basin NWRC
Opening Weekend Drawing
4009 Hill Road
Tulelake, CA 96134
Applications will be accepted from August 1st to August 15th ONLY
PLEASE ALLOW AT LEAST TWO WEEKS FOR APPLICATION PROCESSING
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS APPLICATION FORM
July 2, 2012