What Else Does The US Fish And Wildlife Service Do?
In addition to managing the National Wildlife Refuge System, the USFWS is the principle federal agency responsible for the conservation, protection, and enhancement of the nation's fish, wildlife, and plants.
- administers the Endangered Species Act
- manages migratory birds
- restores nationally significant fisheries
- conserves and restores wildlife habitat
- aids foreign governments with conservation efforts
- oversees federal assistance programs that aid state fish and wildlife agencies
- enforces federal laws