Welcome to the Greers Ferry National Fish Hatchery
Number of staff: five permanent.
Geographic Area Covered
Arkansas: White River and Ouachita River Basin.
- Oklahoma: Illinois River and Red River Basin.
Financial Impact of Trout Program in Arkansas and Oklahoma
- Annual station budget (FY 2012) $588,323.
- For every $1 of hatchery operational budget spent, $95 was put back into the economy (based on 2012 economic data)
- Provide mitigation fish (rainbow trout and brook trout) for Arkansas.
- Cooperatively participates in aquatic threatened/endangered or "species of concern" research.
- Provide mitigation fish (rainbow trout) for Oklahoma.
- Provide trout to meet Tribal Trust responsibilities
- Provide environmental education and outreach.
Fish Species and Capability
- Rainbow trout (mitigation) annually provide approximately 727,000 fish -- 202,333 lbs.
- Brook trout (mitigation) annually provide approximatly 30,000 -- 2,600 lbs.
Public Use Opportunities
- More than 50,000 visitors annually.
- Camping at U.S. Army Corps of Engineers -JFK Park on the Little Red River
- Trout fishing in the Little Red River adjacent to hatchery grounds.
- Self Guided Hatchery Tours