The BAER Document Specialist compiles, publishes, and distributes the BAER Plan; maintains electronic files and backups of planning effort; assists team leader and team members with BAER Plan development activities; compiles the supporting documentation to be left with the agency; and prepares the final Powerpoint close-out presentation.
· Establishes plan template prior to team submission of specifications and assessments.
· Coordinates the computer entry of all parts of the BAER Plan.
· Assists BAER Team Leader with production of press releases, team updates, public information brochures and handouts.
· Maintains master computer records of plan products and supporting documentation.
· Compiles and inputs BAER technical specialist reports, specifications, etc. into acceptable report format.
· Develops and enters the necessary graphics for the plan.
· Compiles photo documentation record as provided by team photographer or specialists.
· Provides BAER Plan disks to the agency administrator, BAER Team Leader, and IBAER.
· Maintains existing data files containing previous BAER reports and correspondence.
· Maintains team documentation (administrative) package including delegation of authority, unit logs, supporting documentation, time sheets, purchase orders, team expenses, draft documents, maps, etc., and delivers them to the agency administrator.
· Compiles data summaries relative to plan format.
· Provides teaching/technical assistance to users.
· Creates Powerpoint presentation for closeout briefing.
· Produces camera ready copy of the BAER Plan for production.
· Ensures timely publishing and transmittal of reports to host agency and team members.
· Records minutes of daily team briefings, agency briefings, public meetings, close-out briefings and other meetings and includes in documentation package.
· Supervises Photographer and any computer processing support personnel.
· Advanced practical skills in Microsoft Word application software (Word 2003 or later version). Ability to input, organize and compile a large document within a short timeframe.
· Intermediate skills in Microsoft Publisher or equivalent desktop publishing application software. Ability to create basic graphic pages from image and document sources.
· Intermediate skills in Microsoft PowerPoint application software. Ability to use PowerPoint to create medium to large (50-100 slides) presentations in a short time-frame using image files, text documents, spreadsheet and tables, etc.
· Intermediate skills in Adobe Acrobat Professional 6.0 (or later version). Ability to use Acrobat to output graphic and document files, make presentations, set up pre-press printer job options, etc.
· Intermediate skill in Adobe Photoshop or equivalent image processing application software. Ability to process digital images for inclusion into copy-ready document pages.
· Intermediate to advanced PC hardware and application skills. Ability to act as computer support for team members for basic PC hardware support, and software application support.
· Ability to use scanning devices to digitize hard copy documents. Ability to create CD-ROMs and DVDs of BAER plan documents and images.
· Basic skills and knowledge of printing and reproduction processes.
· Basic understanding of GIS cartographic products and printing needs.
· Knowledge of natural and cultural resource management policies, and emergency stabilization treatment techniques.
· Ability to quickly and efficiently locate and synthesize relevant technical information from local land use plans and local and community sources.
· Additional training which supports development of knowledge and skills
o Introduction to Incident Command System (I-100)
o Wildland Fire Suppression Orientation for Non-operations Personnel (S-110)
o Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Excel and Adobe Acrobat Professional and Photoshop
o Incident communications and radio training
· Document Specialist (DOSP)
· One satisfactory performance as a BAER Document Specialist trainee.
Position currency can also be maintained by successful performance as a Document Specialist (DOSP).