|Mission: The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's mission is, working with others, to conserve, protect and enhance fish, wildlife, and plants and their habitats for the continuing benefit of the American people.|
Before contacting us via e-mail, please see if the answer to your question appears below.
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is a bureau within the Department of the Interior. Many of the requests for information are answered in our list of Frequently Asked Questions, below.
We suggest that you review this list before contacting us; the information you are seeking might be found below. And don't forget to use our Index and list of National Programs, plus the Search Engine for finding Web pages with specific keyword(s) such as California wildlife.
***Note*** We're not trying to create an online wildlife encyclopedia, or replace the reference librarians. Please consider contacting those sources, reviewing the State Natural Resource Agency pages, or using the many search engines on the Web for wildlife-related information not found on our pages. If you need additional information after reviewing this list, please contact us.
- Can you tell me about the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service?
- How can I get a job with
the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service?
- How can I obtain or renew a fishing/hunting license, or
State-specific information such as locations of fishing and hunting areas, animal control
information, hunting/fishing season dates or population counts?
- Where can I get in-depth information (including documents for listings and recovery plans)
on Endangered Species?
- How can I obtain eagle feathers or parts?
- Are sales of wildlife products over the Internet legal?
- Where can I find advice on dealing with nuisance or injured wildlife?
- Where can I get information for a particular wildlife
- Can I download
images from Fish and Wildlife Service Web pages?
- Where do I send bird banding
- Do you have pamphlets on how to feed birds or build birdhouses?
- How do I get a permit to import/export wildlife, plants or
- How do I get a wildlife rehabilitation permit?
- How can I get a publication, picture, video, etc. from
- Where do you publish your news releases and
background material on conservation issues?
- Can you support this environmental issue?
- What is the mailing address/phone number for a
- What is the phone number/e-mail
for a U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service employee?
- Where can I get information on the survey of the
number of people who participate in fishing, hunting, and wildlife watching activities?
- Where can I get camping information?
- Will you please link to my
- Where can I get maps?
- Can I get a law enforcement patch?
- Can you help me with my research, homework or project?
For additional information regarding this Web page, please contact us.