- ES Home
- What We Do
- Candidate Conservation
- Listing and Critical Habitat
- For Landowners
- About Us
- FWS Regions
- Laws & Policies
- For Kids
Grants | Grant Programs | Private Stewardship Grants Program
The Private Stewardship Program provided grants and other assistance on a competitive basis to individuals and groups engaged in local, private, and voluntary conservation efforts that benefit federally listed, proposed, or candidate species, or other at-risk species. The program was initiated during Fiscal Year 2002, but was discontinued after Fiscal Year 2007 grants were awarded.
Read news releases regarding past Private Stewardship Program grant awards.
Access past Private Stewardship Program grant awards listings in PDF format.
Read news releases regarding past Private Stewardship Program grant proposal requests.
Access past Private Stewardship Program grant proposal requests in PDF format.
What We Do
- Habitat Conservation Plans (HCPs)
- Safe Harbor Agreements
- Candidate Conservation Agreements
- Candidate Conservation Agreements with Assurances
- Recovery Credits and Tax Deductions
- Conservation Banking
- Conservation Plans Database
- Information, Planning and Conservation System (IPaC)
- Recovery Online Activity Reporting System (ROAR)
- News Stories
- Featured Species
- Recovery Success Stories
- Endangered Species Bulletin
- Partnership Stories