Yellow-Billed Cuckoo (Coccyzus americanus)
Size: 31 cm (12 in) in length. Color: Brownish above and white below; with rusty colored flight feathers. The upper mandible of the bill is black and the lower mandible is yellow. The under side of the tail has pairs of large white spots.
- States/US Territories in which the Yellow-Billed Cuckoo, Western U.S. DPS is known to or is believed to occur: Arizona , California , Colorado , Idaho , Montana , Nevada , New Mexico , Oregon , Texas , Utah , Washington , Wyoming
- US Counties in which the Yellow-Billed Cuckoo, Western U.S. DPS is known to or is believed to occur: View All
- USFWS Refuges in which the Yellow-Billed Cuckoo, Western U.S. DPS is known to occur:
BUTTE SINK NATIONAL WILDLIFE REFUGE, SACRAMENTO RIVER NATIONAL WILDLIFE REFUGE, SUTTER NATIONAL WILDLIFE REFUGE
- Countries in which the the Yellow-Billed Cuckoo, Western U.S. DPS is known to occur: Canada, Mexico, United States
- For more information: http://www.fws.gov/pacific/news/2001/2001-76.htm
|Status||Date Listed||Lead Region||Where Listed|
|California/Nevada Region (Region 8)||Western U.S. DPS|
» Candidate Information
Former Candidate Status
» Conservation Plans
|HCP Plan Summaries|
|Cal. Dept. of Corrections Statewide Electrified Fence Project|
|Clark County Multiple Species HCP (7 permittees)|
|Lower Colorado River MSCP|
|Lower Colorado River Multi-Species Conservation Plan (LCR MSCP)|
|11/21/2012||77 FR 69993 70060||Review of Native Species That Are Candidates for Listing as Endangered or Threatened; Annual Notice of Findings on Resubmitted Petitions; Annual Description of Progress on Listing Actions|
|10/26/2011||76 FR 66370 66439||Review of Native Species That Are Candidates for Listing as Endangered or Threatened; Annual Notice of Findings on Resubmitted Petitions; Annual Description of Progress on Listing Actions|
|07/25/2001||66 FR 38611 38626||ETWP; 12-Month Finding for a Petition to List the Yellow-billed Cuckoo (Coccyzus americanus) in the Western Continental United States|
|02/17/2000||65 FR 8104 8107||Notice of 90-Day Finding for a Petition To List the Yellow-billed Cuckoo as Endangered and Commencement of a Status Review|
|12/29/1988||53 FR 52746 52749||Findings on Pending Petitions & Description of Progress on Listing Actions; 53 FR 52746-52749|
» Life History
No Life History information has been entered into this system for this species.
» Other Resources
NatureServe Explorer Species Reports -- NatureServe Explorer is a source for authoritative conservation information on more than 50,000 plants, animals and ecological communtities of the U.S and Canada. NatureServe Explorer provides in-depth information on rare and endangered species, but includes common plants and animals too. NatureServe Explorer is a product of NatureServe in collaboration with the Natural Heritage Network.
ITIS Reports -- ITIS (the Integrated Taxonomic Information System) is a source for authoritative taxonomic information on plants, animals, fungi, and microbes of North America and the world.