Special Use Permit
Because of strict requirements concerning public use on National Wildlife Refuges, all commercial and certain other activities such as research require special permission. Depending on type of activity, a permit fee may be accessed.
Some examples of activities requiring permits include:
- Use of Refuge resources for Commercial/Retail purposes
- Filming/videotaping (any non-amateur work)
- Wildlife or general photography (for publications or retail)
- Seining or any collection of plants, animals, soil, or water (includes collecting for off-refuge or on-refuge use)
- Any after-hours use
- Any activities in areas not open to the visiting public
- All research
- Commercial entities operating within Refuge boundaries.
How to Request a Special Use Permit
The permit must be requested at least 30 days in advance of planned activity.
The request must include:
Permit requests must be in writing, on letterhead if possible, and addressed to:
Chassahowitzka NWR Complex
1502 SE Kings Bay Drive
Crystal River , FL 34429
For more information Contact:
Chassahowitzka NWR Complex at (352) 563-2088