Whether you fish from a boat or from one of two public fishing piers, Island Lake provides exciting fishing opportunities for all ages. Game fish species here include bluegill, largemouth bass, and yellow perch.
Boat access is available at the lake's southwest entrance, as well as in the northeast corner. Internal combustion motors are prohibited, providing the angler with a quiet, picturesque setting.
In addition to the regulations, here are some tips that you should keep in mind:
- Practice safe angling and boating.
- Be especially cautious during the ice fishing season.
- Don't release live bait into the lake.
- Share your fishing knowledge and skills with a child.
- Respect the outdoor enjoyment of others.
- Don't pollute -- carry your trash home.
- Consider Catch and Release using barbless hooks.
- Support the use of non-toxic sinkers -- Get the lead out!
- Possession of minnows is prohibited.