Please use the form below to ask a question or leave a comment. In most cases, your question will be forwarded to the proper department or program for response and we will make every effort to reply to your email within 7 days. If you would like a response, please include your e-mail address. If you need to attach explanatary data of information, you can email:

If your request is urgent, please call us at 916-414-6464.

Answers to most general questions can be found on our websites. Please look to our websites first.

For general information about Endangered Species Act and Endangered Species in California try our Sacramento Fish and Wildlife Office website.

For answers questions about importing/exporting wildlife or federal wildlife laws, go to our Office of Law Enforcement website.

Please note:
he USFWS does not issue state hunting/fishing licenses. For questions about hunting and fishing licenses, seasons and rules in California, Nevada or Klamath Basin of Oregon, please contact the appropriate State agency: California Department of Fish and Wildlife , the Nevada Department of Wildlife or Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife,

Follow this link to get anwers about what to do with nuisance, sick or injured wildlife in California . This page, operated by the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, also has a link to a list of licensed wildlife rehabilitators that may be able to answer your questions or assist with sick or injured wildlife. A similar website is operated by the Nevada Department of Wildlife

Thank you for your interest in the work of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

-- Pacific Southwest Regional Office Web Development Team