Please read this disclaimer before downloading CBRS Boundaries
Coastal Barrier Resources System (CBRS) polygons in this data set are
only representations of the official CBRS boundaries and are not to
be considered authoritative. In general, these digital boundaries
can be considered accurate to within approximately 150 feet of the actual
CBRS boundaries as shown on the official maps. Additionally, because CBRS
units extend seaward out to either the 20- or 30-foot bathymetric contour
(depending on the location of the unit), the true seaward extent of
the units is not shown. The Service is not responsible for
any misuse or misinterpretation of this digital data set, including use of
the data to determine eligibility for federal financial assistance such as
federal flood insurance. For information on obtaining an official
determination of whether or not an area or specific property is located
within the CBRS, please visit:
http://www.fws.gov/cbra/Determinations.html. For information on project
consultations, please visit:
information on the horizontal accuracy of this digital data set, please read
- User must read and fully comprehend the metadata prior to data use.
- User must acknowledge the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service as the originator when using the data set as a source.
- User must share data products developed using this source data set with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
- Data should not be used beyond the limits of the source scale.
- The data set is NOT a survey document and should not be utilized as such.
- The data set is NOT to be used for definitive in/out determinations.