Rules and Regulations at Bon Secour
Regulations (download PDF for printing)
Please come enjoy the Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge through walking the designated trails, fishing, enjoying the beach, nature photography, or wildlife observation. While on the Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge, please be aware of the following regulations:
- Please pay extra attention to signs stating “National Wildlife Refuge -Unauthorized Entry Prohibited” or “Area Beyond this Sign Closed.”
- The Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge is open during daylight hours only.
- Pets are prohibited on Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge. n Walking in the dunes is prohibited.
- Camping, campfires, and fireworks are prohibited.
- Leaving personal property on Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge is prohibited.
- Collection of artifacts, animals, and plants is prohibited. n Commercial activities and special events, including weddings, are not allowed.
- State and federal fishing regulations must be followed.
- Foot traffic on Little Dauphin Island is prohibited. However, Little Dauphin Island can be explored by canoe or kayak.
- Please avoid boating near areas that are marked as bird nesting sites.
* For a complete list of regulations, refer to Title 50 Code of Federal Regulations.
The Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge staff needs your help!
If you see someone that is not abiding by the laws and regulations that have been established to preserve and protect the Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge, please report those violations as soon as possible by calling the following number and leaving a detailed message:
To report a Violation in progress, please call 251-923-7936
If you wish to remain anonymous, please provide as much information as possible in your message. Making false reports is a crime. All violators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Thank you for your assistance in helping to conserve some of Alabama's last remaining undisturbed coastal barrier habitat for the enjoyment of current and future generations.