Questions regarding specific regulations for individual refuges should be directed to the Savannah Coastal Refuges Complex office. Here, in brief, are some general regulations that apply to all refuges within the complex.
- Entry only during posted hours. Closing hours strictly enforced. Please allow time to return to your vehicle and leave the area before posted closing time.
- Observe posted speed limits for your safety and for the safety of wildlife and others.
- We enforce federal, state, county, and refuge regulations regarding the possession and consumption of alcohol and controlled substances.
- Defacement, damage, or removal of any government structure, sign, or marker is prohibited.
- Feeding, capturing, or hunting wildlife is strictly prohibited unless otherwise authorized.
- All of the refuge's historical, archaeological, and natural resources are protected. Artifact hunting is not allowed. Do not pick flowers or remove vegetation.
- Shell collectors are asked to take no live shells and to limit their collection to a handful or so.
- Camping is prohibited.
- Dogs, cats, and other pets, including horses, are not permitted.