North American Waterfowl
Providing leadership in the conservation of migratory bird habitat through partnerships, grants, and outreach for present and future generations.
Give Mom something "wild" this Sunday
Download our bird-themed e-cards and show her how much you care! Mother's Day cards (pdf)
Art and Wildlife Collide: 2013 Federal Duck Stamp Contest to be Held in NW Ohio
The 2013 Federal Duck Stamp Art Contest will be held Sept. 27 and 28 at the Maumee Bay State Park Conference Center in Oregon, Ohio. Five judges will choose the just one winning piece of art that will grace the 2014-2015 Federal Duck Stamp, which raises money to acquire wetlands habitat for the National Wildlife Refuge System.
About the Federal Duck Stamp
Roles and Responsibilities
- Administers the North American Wetlands Conservation Act Standard Grants and Small Grants Programs, which provide matching grants to organizations and individuals who have developed partnerships to carry out wetlands conservation projects in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
- Coordinates and provides staff to the North American Wetlands Conservation Council.
- Administers the Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act Grants Program, which supports public-private partnerships that promote the long-term conservation of Neotropical migratory birds and their habitats in the United States, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
- Provides national leadership in the U.S. for the North American Waterfowl Management Plan and staff support to the Plan Committee and the Plan Committee's Science Support Team.
- Supports more than two dozen bird and habitat-focused Joint Ventures, collaborative, regionally based partnerships comprising government agencies, non-profit organizations, corporations, tribes and individuals who work to implement bird conservation plans within specific geographic areas or for specific species.
- Supports conservation work conducted under Partners in Flight, U.S. Shorebird Conservation Plan and North American Waterbird Conservation Plan, and provides staff support for the North American Bird Conservation Initiative.
- Administers the Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamp (Duck Stamp) and the Junior Duck Stamp programs.