Current Research on Alligator Gar
Conservation Status /
Range & Status Maps /
Life History & Ecology /
Alligator Gar Technical Committee Website
- Nicholls State University - Alabama - Status Assessment - Alligator Gar Status Assessment, Life History, Reproduction, Age and Growth.
Auburn Univsersity - Alabama - Alligator gar life history, conservation status, management, age and growth.
Warm Springs National Fish Hatchery - Genetics, rearing, reproduction, stocking support and assistance.
- University of Central Arkansas - U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service - Alligator Gar Status Assessment, Life History, Reproduction, and Habitat Use in Arkansas.
Layher BioLogics RTEC, Inc. - Arkansas Game & Fish Commission - Literature Survey, Status in States of Historic Occurrence, and Field Investigations into the Life History of Alligator Gar in the Ouachita River, Arkansas
Arkansas Game & Fish Commission - White River Alligator Gar Status Assessment
- Louisiana State University - U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Fisheries Resource and Conservation Office - Alligator Gar life history, characteristics, reproduction, age and growth.
Nicholls State University - Alligator gar age and growth, life history, status, aquaculture, toxicity, fish health.
- Mississippi Department of Fish & Wildlife - Status Assessment and surveys.
Tupelo National Fish Hatchery - St. Catherines Creek National Wildlife Refuge - Spawning, reproduction, stocking support and assistance.
University of Southern Mississippi - Population genetics, telemetry and physiology studies.
- Missouri Department of Conservation - Mingo National Wildlife Refuge
- Oklahoma State University - Distribution, abundance, movements, habitats and population characteristics of the alligator gar in the Red and Arkansas River drainages in Oklahoma.
- Tennesse Wildlife Resources Agency - Alligator Gar stocking, restoration, and management planning.
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department -Trinitiy River - Alligator Gar Telemetry, Status Assessment, Life History, Reproduction, Habitat Use.