WRP Annual Meeting 2015
Western Regional Panel Annual Meeting
Lake Tahoe - September 2-4, 2015
The Annual Meeting is hosted by Tahoe Regional Planning Agency. Dennis Zabaglo of TRPA will be working to provide the WRP a great meeting.
The Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel is the location for the meeting. The hotel is at 4130 Lake Tahoe, Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 www.tahoeresorthotel.com
The Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel is offering WPR meeting participants a rate of $114 plus tax. Included in this room rate is a complimentary hot breakfast and nightly happy hour.
You may book your room online at https://www.tahoeresorthotel.com/reservations and use the Group Code: TRPA15. Or guests can call the hotel directly at 530.544.5400. The last day to book under the group rate is 8/1/15.
The Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel has valet parking at a rate of $15/night for guests booked under the group code. In suite WIFI for hotel guests under the group code is $5/day.
The meeting will be two days of presentations, discussions and the business meeting held on September 2 and 3. On September 2th participants will learn and participate in a variety of presentations and discussions. On September 3th, the WRP will hold their business meeting interspersed with a mix of presentations. On September 4, participants can enjoy the field trip to local waters exploring regional AIS issues. The meeting will begin at 8 am adjourn at 5 pm on September 2 and 3. The field trip bus will depart from the hotel at 8 am and return to the hotel by early afternoon on September 4. Please plan your flights accordingly to participate and enjoy the entire meeting agenda.
Transportation from the Airport:
If you are traveling from outside the Tahoe area, there are two suggested airport options to reach the meeting.
- The nearest airport to Lake Tahoe is Reno–Tahoe International Airport (RNO), in Reno, 50 miles northeast of the closest point on the lake. Airlines serving RNO include Alaska, Allegiant Air, American, Delta, Southwest, and United.
- South Tahoe Express runs buses ($29.75 one-way, $53 round-trip) between Reno–Tahoe Airport and resort hotels in the South Lake Tahoe area. South Tahoe Express (775/325–8944 or 866/898–2463. www.southtahoeexpress.com.)
Sacramento International Airport – 116 miles (2.25 hours) from the hotel.
Major car rental agencies are available in Sacramento to travel to the meeting location. Consider carpooling with others that may be arriving at the airport when you do.
Local Area Highlights:
Lake Tahoe is recognized for its exceptionally clear waters and beautiful surroundings. There are a variety of opportunities to access hiking trails and on-water activities.
In addition to natural amenities there are many restaurants and other attractions reached on foot.
The following are locations of interest in the vicinity of the hotel.
- Heavenly Village: Restaurants, shopping, cinemas and more. http://www.theshopsatheavenly.com/
- Gondola Ride: From the heart of South Lake Tahoe take a gondola ride 2.5 miles up the mountain. http://www.skiheavenly.com/activitiesdetail/Heav+-+Heavenly+Scenic+Gondola+Rides.axd
- Vikingsholm Castle: http://www.vikingsholm.com/index.html
- These sites also provide a variety of information and activities listed:
Draft Agenda: The agenda at a glance will be as follows
- Tuesday September 1, 2015 – TBD – WRP State and Federal Partners will assemble for updates and pre-panel meetings.
- Wednesday September 2, 2015 - 8am to 5pm – The WRP will hold their annual meeting.
- Thursday September 3, 2015 - 8am - 4pm – WRP will hold their business meeting as well as relevant presentations.
- Friday September 4, 2015 – The WRP attendees can attend a field trip to local freshwater locations to learn about regional AIS issues. Participants will gather at 7:30am at the hotel lobby and return to the hotel in the early afternoon.
- Registration is free, but for planning purposes, we need to know that you are coming.
- Please register here
Check back with us soon as we continue to finalize the agenda.