Arctic National Wildlife Refuge
Draft CCP Public Hearing Information
Public hearings will take place in Anchorage and in Fairbanks.
- Public Hearing at Wilda Marston Theater, 3-9:30 pm, September 21, 2011
- Public Hearing at the Carlson Center, 3-9:30 pm, October 19, 2011
Both the Anchorage and Fairbanks public hearings will follow the same format.
- There will be three comment periods during each hearing: 3–5 pm; 5:30–7:30 pm; and 8:00–9:30 pm.
- Comment sign-up will begin at 2 pm the day of the hearing. Names will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
- People must be present to sign-up. Time slots cannot be reserved for someone else, and people cannot pick and choose the time at which they want to speak (although they can request one of the three comment periods).
- Oral comments will be limited to no more than 3 minutes per person.
- A court reporter will be recording and transcribing all oral comments.
- Written comments can also be submitted at the hearing. They have just as much importance as oral comments. All comments, whether written or oral, will be used to prepare the final plan.
- Because these will be “hearings,” Refuge staff will not be fielding questions – just listening.
- We respectfully request that people honor each other and listen to what everyone has to say. We have a limited amount of time at each hearing, and we anticipate that many people will want to be heard.
Return to CCP web page.
September 8, 2011