Download Seamless Wetlands Data by State
Before You Begin
- Each State data download is available as either a
compressed file Geodatabase or
Both files are compressed by using the .zip format and
contain the following layers:
- Wetlands polygon data
- Wetlands Project Metadata (includes image dates and project information)
- Wetlands Historic Map Information*
- Riparian polygon data*
- Riparian Project Metadata (includes image dates and project information)*
- Historic Wetlands*
- Historic Wetlands Project Metadata (includes
image dates and project information)*
* If available at the requested location.
Information about each of these layers can be found on our Metadata page.
- Not all of Alaska has been digitally mapped by the
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Please refer to the
Wetlands Mapper Wetlands Mapping Status layer to view
where wetlands have been mapped in Alaska. The state
downloads include a Wetlands Project Metadata layer that
identifies where and when wetlands were mapped within
- NOTE: Due to the variation in use and analysis of this data by the end user, each of states wetlands data extends beyond the state boundary. Each state includes wetlands data that intersect the 1:24,000 quadrangles that contain part of that state (1:2,000,000 source data). This allows the user to clip the data to their specific analysis datasets. Beware that two adjacent states will contain some of the same data along their borders.
- If an error occurs during your download, or
if your downloaded file(s) is corrupted, we strongly recommend
the use of a
download manager. Please visit the
Frequently Asked Questions
page for more information on this topic.
security reasons, we are not allowed to served data via
- Due to the amount of data being downloaded, the resulting time to download each file may take up to 60 minutes or more, and each file can range in sizes from 1MB to approximately 1GB.
State Downloads (file downloads last updated May 28, 2015)
Last updated: June 12, 2015