Endangered Species Quiz
1) The Endangered Species Act is one of the most successful environmental laws ever put into place, and has been credited with having saved ______% of the species it protects.
2) There are ______ species that are currently listed as either endangered or threatened in the United States?
3) There are more plants on the federal list of endangered species than there are animals.
4) This group of animals is considered the most endangered in the U.S.
5) There are endangered and threatened species in ______ state(s).
6) There are more listed species in ______ than there are in any other state
7) What is the most common threat resulting in species becoming endangered or threatened?
8) It is estimated that ______% of freshwater mussels in the U.S. are currently extinct, endangered, or in need of special protection.
9) Since the Endangered Species Act was passed in 1973, ______ species have been removed from the threatened and endangered list because they went extinct?
10) What do the Robbins’ cinquefoil, Tinian monarch, and Virginia northern flying squirrel all have in common?