Section 7 of the Endangered Species Act directs all Federal agencies to use their existing authorities to conserve threatened and endangered species and, in consultation with the Service, to ensure that their actions do not jeopardize listed species or destroy or adversely modify critical habitat. Section 7 applies to management of Federal lands as well as other Federal actions that may affect listed species, such as Federal approval of private activities through the issuance of Federal permits, licenses, or other actions.
Telecommunications Towers: The U.S. Fish and Wildlife has determined that individual project review for certain types of activities associated with telecommunication towers are not required. We are not aware of adverse impacts to listed or proposed species from maintenance or co-location on existing communication towers; therefore, there is no need to contact this office for technical assistance or a Section 7 consultation for these activities. Please print this letter as documentation of "no effect" for a project meeting the following criteria:
|• the re-licensing of existing telecommunication facilities;
• audits of existing facilities associated with acquisition;
• routine maintenance of existing tower sites, such as painting, antenna or panel replacement, upgrading of existing equipment, etc.;
• co-location of new antenna facilities on/in existing structures;
• repair or replacement of existing towers and/or equipment, provided such activities do not significantly increase the existing tower mass and height, or require the addition of guy wires.
Routine Highway Maintenance Projects: The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service have determined that individual project review for certain types of activities associated with routine highway maintenance and upgrade activities is not required. Please print this letter as documentation of "no effect" for a project meeting the following criteria:
|• resurfacing /repainting projects
• intersection improvements
• construction of traffic signals
• routine maintenance and installation of guard rails
• Bridge remedial (excluding new construction, bridge widening and extension)
• Lighting improvement
For all other types of projects, check to see if a List Request is required.
SERVICE CONTACT FOR LIST REQUEST REVIEWS
List Request Review
Chesapeake Bay Field Office
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
177 Admiral Cochrane Drive
Annapolis, MD 21401
Or email to email@example.com
Phone: if you have questions please call 410-573-4527