Coastal Barrier Resources System (CBRS) digital boundaries in this mapper
are only representations of the official CBRS boundaries and are not to
be considered authoritative. In general, these digital boundaries can
be considered accurate to within approximately 150 feet of the actual CBRS
boundaries as shown on the official maps. Additionally, because CBRS units
extend seaward out to either the 20- or 30-foot bathymetric contour (depending
on the location of the unit), the true seaward extent of the units is
not shown in this mapper. The Service is not responsible for
any misuse or misinterpretation of this digital data set, including use of
the data to determine eligibility for federal financial assistance such as
federal flood insurance. For information on obtaining an official
determination of whether or not an area or specific property is located within
the CBRS, please visit:
http://www.fws.gov/cbra/Determinations.html. For information on project
consultations, please visit:
http://www.fws.gov/CBRA/Consultations/Consultations.html. For information on
the horizontal accuracy of this digital data set, please read the
- User must read and fully comprehend the
metadata prior to data use.
- User must acknowledge the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service as the
originator when using the data set as a source.
- User must share data products developed using this source data set
with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
- Data should not be used beyond the limits of the source scale.
- The data set is NOT a survey document and should not be utilized as
- The data set is NOT to be used for definitive in/out determinations.